This article is dedicated to all those movies buffs out there who are looking for some amazing movie trivia.
We’ve compiled the most popular movie trivia questions and answers to give you an opportunity to test your knowledge.
Take the challenge, and see if you can get them all right!
Who did the cat in The Godfather belong to?
Francis Ford Coppola
No one, it was a stray
Answer: No one, it was a stray
Who directed the movie Seven Samurai?
Francis Ford Coppola
Answer: Akira Kurosawa
Which item is in every Fight Club scene?
Dr Pepper can
Answer: Starbucks cup
If you watch the Marvel movies in chronological order, which movie would you watch first?
Captain America: The First Avenger
Answer: Captain America: The First Avenger
Which movie is this quote from: “Here’s looking at you, kid.”?
Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Some of the velociraptor noises in Jurassic Park are actually which animals mating?
Which actor hasn't played the Joker?
Answer: Sean Penn
Which movie is this quote from: “What’s in the box?
”Which object was Toy Story’s Woody originally?
A ventriloquist dummy
A clown doll
A nesting doll
Answer: A ventriloquist dummy
Who directed Silence of the Lambs?
Answer: Jonathan Demme
Which Studio Ghibli film was NOT directed by Hayao Miyazaki?
Grave of the Fireflies
Answer: Grave of the Fireflies
Which professional athlete was considered for the lead in The Terminator?
Answer: O.J. Simpson
Which Star Wars characters appear in Indiana Jones?
R2-D2 and C-3PO
Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia
Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi
Han Solo and Chewbacca
Answer: R2-D2 and C-3PO
Which famous line from Jaws was ad-libbed?
I used to hate the water.
You're gonna need a bigger boat.
All this machine does is swim, and eat, and make little sharks.
You know, a thing about a shark, he’s got…lifeless eyes. Black eyes, like a doll’s eyes!
Answer: You're gonna need a bigger boat.
A Harry Potter stunt double was paralyzed on the job. Which actor did the stunt double do stunts for?
Answer: Daniel Radcliffe
Who played Wendy Torrance in The Shining?
Answer: Shelley Duvall
Which was the first movie to show a toilet flushing?
Which actor plays Private Ryan in Saving Private Ryan?
Answer: Matt Damon
What is the name of Jeff Goldblum’s character in Jurassic Park?
Dr. Ian Malcolm
Dr. Malcolm Stevens
Dr. Evan Malcolm
Dr. Michael Ian
Answer: Dr. Ian Malcolm
Which of the following things did Forrest Gump never do?
Work on a shrimp boat
Play ping pong
Play the violin
Fight in the Vietnam war
Answer: Play the violin
Movie Trivia Questions and Answers (answers at the end of the page)
1. United Artists is a film and television entertainment studio founded in 1919. Among the studio’s four co-founders, who was the oldest?
A. D.W. Griffith
B. Douglas Fairbanks
C. Mary Pickford
D. Charlie Chaplin
2. Originally released in 1929, what is the first Hollywood film to contain an entire black cast?
3. What is the name of the titular prince in a 1926 production that also happens to be the oldest surviving animated feature film?
4. Originally released in 1925 with production costs of at least $4 million, what was the most expensive silent film ever made?
C. Hell’s Angels
D. The Squaw Man
5. One of the best-known sequences in the 1925 film “Battleship Potemkin” happens during the fourth act, which is set in what Ukrainian city?
6. Buster Keaton’s stunt involving a building front falling all around him can be seen in what 1928 movie?
A. Three Ages
B. Our Hospitality
C. Steamboat Bill, Jr.
D. The Cameraman
7. Who plays Moses in Cecil B. DeMille’s 1923 version of “The Ten Commandments”?
A. Richard Dix
B. Charles de Rochefort
C. Theodore Roberts
D. H.B. Warner
8. Gloria Swanson plays Norma Desmond, a forgotten silent-film actress, in “Sunset Boulevard.” A short extract of what 1929 film, which also features Swanson, appears in “Sunset Boulevard”?
A. Queen Kelly
B. Pandora’s Box
C. Broken Blossoms
D. The Tempest
9. The 1935 propaganda film “Triumph of the Will” chronicles the Nazi Party Congress in which German city?
Movie Trivia Games
10. The production of what 1930 film is tackled in Martin Scorsese’s “The Aviator”?
A. Hell’s Angels
B. Captains Courageous
C. Mutiny on the Bounty
D. The Adventures of Robin Hood
11. In “Duck Soup,” what fictional country is neighbor to Freedonia?
12. In which film does Charlie Chaplin’s famous Tramp persona suffer a nervous breakdown after screwing nuts at an accelerating assembly line?
B. The Great Dictator
C. Soldier Arms
D. Modern Times
13. What word is etched on the young Charles Foster Kane’s sled in Orson Welles’ seminal 1941 film?
14. In the 1942 animated film “Bambi,” what is the name of the titular character’s rabbit friend?
15. What is the name of the character introduced by Paramount through a 1945 theatrical short cartoon titled “The Friendly Ghost”?
16. In Orson Welles’ “Citizen Kane,” Charles Foster Kane’s palatial estate is called what?
17. What highly-acclaimed Vittorio De Sica film was adopted for the screen from a novel by Luigi Bartolini?
A. The Bicycle Thief
B. La Strada
C. La Dolce Vita
D. Umberto D.
18. What is the name of the iconic nightclub in the 1943 film “Casablanca”?
A. Luke’s Exquisite Diner
B. Jack Rabbit Slim’s
C. The Bamboo Lounge
D. Rick’s Café Americain
19. What is the surname of the Japanese director who helmed the 1954 Japanese film “Seven Samurai”?
Movie Trivia for Kids
20. Akira Ifukebe created the music for what 1954 Japanese kaiju film that spawned a franchise?
21. In 2012, TIME magazine released its All-TIME 100 Movies list. The list includes what 1951 Hindi film directed by Raj Kapoor?
B. Mother India
22. What is the first American film to receive 14 Academy Award nominations?
B. All About Eve
C. Going My Way
D. The Good Earth
23. What spaghetti Western film opens with a stranger, played by Clint Eastwood, arriving at the little Mexican border town of San Miguel?
A. For a Few Dollars More
B. A Fistful of Dollars
C. Million Dollar Baby
D. High Plains Drifter
24. Peter Fonda’s role in “Easy Rider” has a nickname shared with which Marvel superhero? A. Thor
B. Captain America
C. Doctor Strange
25. Originally released in 1967, what animated feature from Walt Disney Productions was the last film to be produced by Walt Disney himself?
A. Peter Pan
B. Alice in Wonderland
C. The Jungle Book
D. Sleeping Beauty
Movie Trivia Multiple Choice
26. Who played the role of Atticus Finch in the film adaptation of Harper Lee’s “To Kill a Mockingbird”?
A. Edward G. Robinson
B. James Stewart
C. Cary Grant
D. Gregory Peck
27. The 1968 film “2001: A Space Odyssey” follows a voyage to what planet?
28. Originally released in 1963 and starring Elizabeth Taylor, what was the only film ever to be the highest-grossing film of the year yet to run at a loss?
B. The Great Escape
C. The Birds
D. Lilies of the Field
29. The opening scene of “The Godfather” features which character?
A. Luca Brasi
B. Amerigo Bonasera
C. Johnny Fontane
D. Peter Clemenza
30. The Philippine town of Baler stood for Vietnam in what 1979 Francis Ford Coppola film?
A. Full Metal Jacket
B. The Lost Boys
C. Rumble Fish
D. Apocalypse Now
31. In “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” a band of knights who allow passage through their forest demonstrate their power by shouting what word?
32. In “The Godfather: Part II,” Vito Corleone’s backstory reveals _____ as his surname.
Easy Movie Trivia
33. What 1988 film by Giuseppe Tornatore is about the friendship between the projectionist Alfredo and the child Toto?
B. Cinema Paradiso
C. The Star Maker
D. The Professor
34. The title of the first film in which the fictional character John James Rambo appeared is “First _____.”
35. What animated war drama film by Isao Takahata is set at Japan’s Sannomiya Station in September 1945?
A. Grave of the Fireflies
B. Spirited Away
C. Kiki’s Delivery Service
D. Porco Rosso
36. In “Return of the Jedi,” what creature occupies the Great Pit of Carkoon?
37. In “Die Hard,” what is the name of the company for which Holly, the estranged wife of John McClane, works?
38. In Martin Scorsese’s “The Last Temptation of Christ,” who plays the role of Judas Iscariot?
A. Harvey Keitel
B. Sam Neill
C. Robert De Niro
D. Joe Pesci
39. “Goodfellas” is based on “Wiseguy,” a book about which mobster-turned-informer?
A. Henry Hill
B. Lucky Luciano
C. Al Capone
D. Pretty Boy Floyd
40. According to actor-director Roberto Benigni, the title of “Life Is Beautiful” comes from a quote from which revolutionary?
A. Vladimir Lenin
B. Leon Trotsky
C. Karl Marx
D. Friedrich Engels
41. What is the nationality of Keyser Soze, the main antagonist in “The Usual Suspects”?
42. The topic of the main conversation in Quentin Tarantino’s “Reservoir Dogs” is which pop singer?
A. Cyndi Lauper
D. Debbie Gibson
43. First released in 1999, what is Stanley Kubrick’s final film?
A. Eyes Wide Shut
B. Mansfield Park
C. The Omega Code
D. The Firm
44. In “The Silence of the Lambs,” Hannibal Lecter recounts that he ate the liver of a census taker with what kind of beans?
A. Red Kidney Beans
B. Adzuki Beans
D. Fava Beans
45. For what 1993 film did Tom Hanks win the first of his back-toback Oscar victories as Best Actor?
A. Forrest Gump
D. Cast Away
46. Who plays the role of John Doe in David Fincher’s “Se7en”?
A. Brad Pitt
B. Willem Dafoe
C. Kevin Spacey
D. John Cusack
47. In “Mars Attacks!” what is the name of the fictional U.S. President played by Jack Nicholson?
A. Jack Stanton
B. Merkin Muffley
C. Andrew Shepherd
D. James Dale
48. What is the surname of Leon, the hitman character played by Jean Reno in a 1994 film directed by Luc Besson?
49. What 1997 James Cameron film opens with a research team aboard the vessel Akademik Mstislav Keldysh?
A. The Abyss
50. “Live and Let Die” is the eighth official film in the James Bond series. What is the eighteenth?
B. The World Is Not Enough
C. Tomorrow Never Dies
D. Die Another Day
1. D.W. Griffith
6. Steamboat Bill, Jr.
7. Theodore Roberts
8. Queen Kelly
10. Hell’s Angels
12. Modern Times
17. The Bicycle Thief
18. Rick’s Café Americana
22. All About Eve
23. A Fistful of Dollars
24. Captain America
25. The Jungle Book
26. Gregory Peck
29. Amerigo Bonasera
30. Apocalypse Now
33. Cinema Paradiso
35. Grave of the Fireflies
38. Harvey Keitel
39. Henry Hill
40. Leon Trotsky
43. Eyes Wide Shut
44. Fava Beans
46. Kevin Spacey
47. James Dale
50. Tomorrow Never Dies
Question and Answer Format Movie Quiz
- What is the name of the character James Cagney played in Angels with Dirty Faces (1938)?
- Gary Oldman made his directorial debut with what late 1997 film?
- In the 1994 film Muriel’s Wedding, Muriel is a big fan of what music group?
- What famous horror actor did Martin Landau portray in Ed Wood (1994)?
- What Academy Award-winning actor is Angelina Jolie’s father?
- In what country were Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid finally cornered and killed in the 1969 film?
- What famous movie is based on the novel The Tin Star?
- John Wayne made dozens of Westerns, but he died in only four. Name them.
- Name the first Spaghetti Western starring Clint Eastwood. Who was the best-known director of these films?
- Name the actors who played the “Bad” and the “Ugly” in the 1966 film The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.
- Who were the two lead actors in the film ‘The Green Mile’?
- Who directed the film ‘Se7en’?
- Which Quentin Tarantino film featured animals in the title?
- Name one of the stars of the film ‘JFK’?
- Who are the lead male and female in the film ‘Titanic’?
- Who directed the film ‘Forrest Gump’?
- Who starred and directed the film ‘Braveheart’?
- Who directed the film ‘The Usual Suspects’?
- Who directed and starred in the film ‘Dances with wolves’?
- Who directed the film ‘Saving Private Ryan’?
- Name the two lead actors in the film ‘The Shawshank Redemption’?
- Can you name the two lead actors in the film ‘Pulp Fiction’?
- Who directed and starred in the film ‘Unforgiven’?
- Name the lead actor in the film ‘American Beauty’?
- Name two of the three male leads in the film ‘Schindler’s List’?
- Name the lead actor and actress in ‘Silence of the Lambs’?
- Who directed the film ‘Malcolm X’?
- Which male actor starred in the film ‘Leaving Las Vegas’?
- Who directed the film ‘The Big Lebowski’?
- Name the two male leads from the film ‘L.A. Confidential’?
- Who was the lead couple in the film ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’?
- Which male starred in the film ‘Scent of a woman’?
- Who were the two females in ‘Thelma and Louise’?
- Where was the setting for the film Die Hard 2?
- What was the name of the second Bill and Ted Film?
- Whose movies are titled Rory’s First Kiss”, “Oliver’s Arrow”, “Magnus Rex”, and “Flora’s Letter” etc.. in production, which are named after his kids
- What sport is prominent in the movie "Miracle?"
- Which legendary actor refused to accept his Academy Award for best actor in 1972 for "The Godfather?"
- What inspired the colors of Krzysztof Kieslowski’s film trilogy: Blue (1993), White (1993), and Red (1994)?
- What director said, “I demand that a film express either the joy of making cinema or the agony of making cinema; I am not at all interested in anything in between; I am not interested in all those films that do not pulse.”
- In what classic Hitchcock movie do Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak star?
- Martin Sheen changed his name from his birth name. What was his birth name?
- Robert Altman’s M*A*S*H* (1970) was turned into a very popular TV series. Just like Alice (The TV SHOW) only one actor reprised his role from the movie in the TV series. Name the actor and the character he played.
- New York Stories (1989) consists of three short films directed by three famous directors. Name these shorts and their directors.
- In 1985, the five of them represented common high school stereotypes: a jock, a nerd, a princess, a freak, and, of course, the troublesome rebel. Who were these actors, and in what movie did they all bond in detention, thus defining teen angst for the 1980s?
- Who played Che Guevara in the 1969 movie Che? Who played Fidel Castro?
- Actor Michael Keaton changed his name because his original one was already taken. What was his name before he changed it?
- The Jets and the Sharks can be found in which Oscar winning movie?
- Who was the first movie actress to appear on a postage stamp?
- What was the only mother-daughter combination to be nominated for Oscars in the same movie?
- Which 60s film told of the exploits of Robert Gold and Diana Scott?
- Rebel Without A Cause made a star of which actor whose life was cut short in a car accident?
- Which Fonda won an honorary award in 1980?
- In The Lost Weekend, what is Ray Milland addicted to?
- In which country was Cary Grant born as Archie Leach?
- At the beginning of Disclosure, what does Michael Douglas get on his tie?
- What is the name of the daughter of Oscar winner Joel Gray who starred in Dirty Dancing?
- Who were the 5 actresses that played the Bennet sisters in the 2005 movie, Pride and Prejudice?
- Which movie won Best Film in 1981?
- In 1970, which famous actor declined to accept an Oscar?
- Which famous movie star has played the characters Karen Silkwood, Karen Traynor, and Karen Blixan?
- What remake of a long-running TV show was the only remake to get the Best Picture nomination?
- In film making what is a martini shot?
- The actress Michelle Yeoh was born where?
- Travis Bickle was a character played by Robert de Niro in what film?
- What X rated film won an Oscar?
- For what movie did Sophia Loren win the best Actress Oscar for her role in a 1961 film?
- Grace Kelly became Princess of which principality where her film To Catch a Thief was set?
- How old was Shirley Temple when she received and honorary Oscar?
- Who directed Rain Man, a 1988 Oscar winning movie?
- What star actor was a vacuum cleaner salesman before hitting it big as an actor?
- Which star of Sliding Doors split with fiancé Brad Pitt in 1997?
- What British comedian played the Punch and Judy Man?
- Who directed The Day of the Jackal in 1973?
- Which Sinatra film, made in 1962, was remade in 2004 staring Denzel Washington?
- What was Joan Crawford's real name before she became famous?
- How many years after Terminator was Terminator 2 released?
- What was Alfred Hitchcock's first sound film as director?
- Who did Loretta Lynn choose to play her in Coal Miner's Daughter?
- The Young Victoria was played by which British actress?
- Which comedian starred with Bing Crosby in the Road Films?
- Two movies won Best Film Oscars in the 1990s, and had a animal in the title, what were they?
- What comedian married the actress Victoria Tennant in 1986 and then got a divorce from her in 1994?
- In 1973, what movie became the first horror film ever to be nominated for Best Film Oscar?
- Whose autobiography was called The Ragman's Son?
- What is Goldie Hawn's real name?
- In 1967, what movie won the Best Picture Oscar?
- In which state did Robert Redford found the Sundance Institute?
- Which was the first family to boast three generations of Oscar winners including middle-generation John?
- At the 2008 Oscars, there were no American winners in the four big acting awards. When was the last time that had happened?
- What was dubbed an equal, not a sequel to Four Weddings and a Funeral?
- What Oscar winning movie finished up with Colonel Nicholson asking "What have I done?"?
- In the late 1930's, what actress was voted Queen of Hollywood?
- In 1967 which film won best picture?
- What was the name of the last movie where Sergio Leone directed Clint Eastwood?
- Who was Elwood's brother in The Blues Brothers?
- In Legally Blond, what kind of dog is Bruiser, Reese Witherspoon's dog?
- Which star was the subject of the movie "Mommie Dearest"?
- Richard Gere is a follower of which eastern religion?
- In Meet The Parents, what is the name given to Robert de Niro's cat?
- What husband and wife couple was the first husband and wife to win a Best Actor and Best Actress Oscar?
- Which film classic took its name from Ernest Dowson's Cynara?
- Which 50s film held the record for the most number of animals in a film?
- In which film did Bette Davis say, "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night"?
- Actor William Mapother has a superstar brother, what is his name?
- In the film Spartacus, in 1960, who won an Oscar for best supporting actor?
- Marlon Brando plays a character named Terry Malloy in which movie?
- Whose 1989 Oscar for Glory was the first awarded to a black American for 50 years?
- Which two actresses that have been "Bond Girls" have won Oscars?
- In Cat Ballou, what movie star won an Oscar for playing twin gunmen, one a drunk and the other with a metal nose?
- Which character did Frank Sinatra play in From Here to Eternity?
- Which talented actress won her Oscar for her role in Chicago?
- What actress was the first black actress to win an Academy Award?
- In The Thomas Crown Affair, what does Pierce Brosnan steal?
- Who was the narrator for English language version of the movie March of the Penguins?
- Which actress, born Ruth Elizabeth Davis, was the first female president of the academy of motion Picture Arts & Sciences?
- What was Melissa Mathison's contribution to E.T.?
- Anne Hathaway works for which magazine in The Devil Wears Prada?
- What famous Hollywood actor was born in 1917, had the middle name of Charles Durman and died in 1997?
- What was the name of the movie in which silent comedian Harold Lloyd hangs from the hands of a high-up giant clock?
- In which country was Marlene Dietrich born?
- Who has the nickname "The Stick" as a child?
- In the film The Defiant Ones, what actor was Sidney Poitier chained to?
- What was the name of Michael Douglas's father?
- Which Marilyn Monroe co-star said, "Kissing her is like kissing Hitler"?
- Adam Sandler played a what in Big Daddy?
- Julianne Moore, an four-time Oscar nominee, made her debut in what 1988 film?
- What is the Sorcerers name in Disney's Fantasia?
- For her role in Shakespeare in Love, what actress won an Oscar?
- Which anniversary did the Oscars celebrate in 1998?
- What was it that was so unusual about the six major Oscars presented in March of 1953?
- What was Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy's first film together?
- How old was Mae West when she starred in the film Sextet?
- In an Oscar given to Spencer Tracy for Boys Town in 1938, what was wrong with the Oscar?
- Warren Beatty wore what color hat and coat in the movie Dick Tracy?
- Who was the actress who won the Best Actress Oscar in March 2003?
- How are John Cleese, Sean Connery, George Segal, and Kevin Costner connected?
- Which famous character was played by Butterfly McQueen in Gone With the Wind?
- Anthony Quinn won his two Oscars for portraying two nationalities, what were they?
- What actor was originally supposed to play the character Luke Skywalker in Star Wars?
- Who said, "I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"?
- Who won an Oscar for Network, posthumously?
- What did Brian try to kill himself with in the film The Breakfast Club?
- Calamity Jane, a musical, has an Oscar-winning song, what is it?
- What actress did Humphrey Bogart marry in 1945?
- How many times was Richard Burton nominated for an Oscar, though he never won?
- Who found fame as Alfie?
- What was the name of the character Leonardo DiCaprio plays in the film Titanic?
- Boris Karloff starred as which monster in one of the first horror movies?
- What actress, formerly a model, starred in the 1971 musical The Boy Friend?
- For Best Actor, who is the youngest ever winner?
- In which film did Cher win an Oscar playing Loretta Castorini?
- 1987 was a successful year for Michael Douglas but which movie won him an Oscar?
- Meryl Streep co-starred with which Oscar winning actor in Kramer Vs Kramer in 1979?
- Arnold Schwarzenegger married the niece of which US president?
- For which film was Judi Dench nominated for her first Oscar?
- Who directed Eyes Wide Shut?
- Laugh-0-Gram productions was started by who?
- About who or what did Elizabeth Taylor say, "It was like an illness one had a very difficult time recuperating from"?
- What famous movie star said "I acted vulgar, Madonna is vulgar"?
- Lee Marvin won an Oscar for his dual portrayal of Kid Shelleen and Who?
- For which film did Elizabeth Taylor win her second Oscar?
- What actor in the James Bond movies was knighted in 2003?
- Which screen great was Lauren Bacall married to at the time of his death?
- Roy Scherer jr. found fame, fortune, and success as who?
- Who was the first father and son to win acting Oscars for the same film?
- Which successful song from Top Gun was a hit for Berlin?
- Which 1996 multi-Oscar-winner was based on a Michael Ondaatje novel?
- Which not-so-dizzy blonde won an Oscar for Cactus Flower?
- Who was the first woman to win an Academy Award?
- What did the actress Margaret O'Brien receive at the age of seven?
- In Bachelor Party, what is Tom Hanks' character's job?
- Which Russian Doctor was played in the 60s by Omar Sharif?
- Which musical star was a cousin of Rita Hayworth?
- Which Stevie Wonder song won an Oscar for The Woman in Red?
- Who did the voice for Eilonwy in the 1985 film "The Black Cauldron"?
- Why was Buddy Ebsen forced to quit his role as the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz?
- In eight films made between 1941 and 1952, who was Greer Garson's co-star?
- Who directed Dr. Strangelove and The Shining?
- The book The Seven Pillars of Wisdom, inspired what Oscar winning movie?
- Which working hours were a hit for Dolly Parton?
- In Along Came Polly, what type of animal is Jennifer Aniston's pet?
- Who was the movie actress that played opposite Patrick Swayze in dirty Dancing?
- Which dancing duo's first film together was called Flying Down to Rio?
- Which plant was Ulma Thurman named after in Batman & Robin?
- Taidje Khan found success in acting as who?
- Who was the original choice to play the terminator?
- Beverley Hills Cop was supposed to star Sylvester Stallone, but who was it given to?
- Who was the only British actor to win the Best Actor Oscar in the 80s?
- Which Oscar winner for From Here To Eternity, more famous as 01' Blue Eyes the singer, died in 1998?
- Katherine Hepburn won how many Oscars?
- Which Ford of Star Wars was voted Film Star of the Century by a panel of critics in 1994?
- Who wrote the novel that L. A. Confidential, an Oscar-winning film, was based on?
- Marilyn Monroe was voted sexiest woman of the 20th Century by what magazine?
- In which film did James Cagney say "You dirty double-crossing rat".?
- In what year did David Lean die?
- For which film did Robert de Niro win his first Oscar?
- Which French actor was Oscar-nominated for Cyrano de Bergerac?
- What was the title of the movie made with Kenneth More and Joan Collins on a desert island?
- Who won an Oscar for the music of Chariots of Fire?
- Michael Meyers wore a Halloween mask of what famous character in the movie Halloween, who was the famous character?
- Who found fame trying to resist the charms of Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate?
- In Aliens, what was Newt's real name?
- In the movie The Cannonball Run, who plays the Suburu driver?
- What actor played the part of the sailor accompanying Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra On the Town?
- In which film did Bacall say to Bogart, "If you want me just whistle"?
- Who said, "All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl"?
- Who won an Oscar for her portrayal of Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose?
- For what movie did the Beatles win their one and only Oscar?
- Which actor is the father of actress Jamie Lee Curtis?
- Joyce Frankenberg, born in 1951, later changed her name to what?
- In The Perfect Storm, what was the name of George Clooney's boat?
- For which two films has Clint Eastwood won a Best Director Oscar?
- Julia Roberts, an Oscar winning actress, played the fairy Tinker Bell in what 1991 movie?
- Humphrey Bogart named his production company Santana after his what?
- In Click, what does actor Adam Sandler discover that completely changes his life?
- The role of Cornelius in the 1968 movie, The Planet Of the Apes, was played by who?
- In the Last Holiday, what country is the hotel in that Queen Latifah visits?
- In which country did Steve McQueen die?
- In which sport did John Kelly compete in the 1920 Olympics?
- In the movie Jerry McGuire, Jerry's stepson's real name was what?
- In which city did Steve McQueen take part in the car chase in Bullitt?
- Which Jack won an Oscar for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?
- What movie was the only one to win a Best Film Oscar that didn't feature a woman with a speaking part?
- Who won an Oscar for her first film role in Mary Poppins?
- Who are the 4 actresses who played the March sisters in the movie Little Women in 1949?
- On which 30s screen legend was Cat woman in Batman based?
- Which actress said, "I'm as pure as driven slush"?
- Which star of The Godfather in the 70s played opposite Vivien Leigh in A Streetcar Named Desire in the 50s?
- Katherine Heigl played Steven Segal's teenage daughter in what movie?
- What was the name of the actress who starred in the original version of the film "King Kong", in 1993?
- How are actresses Angela Thorne, Margaret Lockwood, and Googie Withers, connected?
- How are the movies Jezebel, Georgia (1988) and Angie connected?
- Silent movie actor Ben Turpin insured his what for $500000?
- Which famous actress was dropped by 20th cent Fox for being too ugly?
- Sharky's Machine was directed by who?
- Who played her only major film role acting the role of Burt Lancaster's daughter in "Sweet Smell of Success"?
- In which decade of the 20th century were the Oscars born?
- Titanic won 11 Oscars, but for how many was it nominated?
- What was the name of the sequel to The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
- In 1985 William Hurt won best actor Oscar in what movie?
- Who won a Best Supporting Actor awarded for Hannah And Her Sisters?
- Jack Nicholson played Irish gang lord Frank Costello in the film The Departed, but who played the part in the 1991 movie Mobsters?
- Minnie Riperton is the mother of which US actress?
- For which film did Katharine Hepburn win the first of her four 20th century Oscars?
- In which movie did Alex Guinness first appear as Ben Obi Wan Kenobi?
- The actress Hillary Swank won her first Best Actress Oscar in what movie?
- Which TV soap was Rock Hudson a star of shortly before his death?
- In which 1990 Robert de Niro film did the director's parents both appear?
- The original King Kong in 1933 starred what actress?
- Who is the father Oscar-winning of Angelina Jolie?
- In 2005 Jamie Foreman played the same role as Oliver Reed in 1968. What was the name of the character they played?
- Who played Mike and Pat in a 1952 movie?
- Following his True Grit Oscar, what did John Wayne's fellow actors and his horse wear while filming a new movie?
- What won the Best Animated Feature Oscar in 2007?
- Actresses Betsy Drake, Virginia Cherrill, and Dyan Cannon have what in common?
- I-low specifically are 1981's Rich and Famous and 2008's The Women linked together?
- Which dancer, the star of Singing in the Rain, never won an Oscar?
- How was George Clooney's film, Good Night and Good Luck, different from most films?
- Which actress was the second in history to win an Oscar (for Roman Holiday) and a Tony (for Ondine) in the same year?
- What was the nationality of Sophie in the Oscar-winning Sophie's Choice?
- What would Rita Hayworth's last name have been if she had used her father's name instead of her mother's?
- What is Barbara Streisands middle name?
- Which British actress, who died in 2008, was married to actors Don Taylor and Dermot Walsh?
- Who was up for an Oscar as Sally Field's daughter in Steel Magnolias?
- In Die Another Day, what color is the famous bikini that Halle Berry wears?
- Which actor said of Hollywood, "If you say what you mean in this town, you're an outlaw"?
- Rowan Atkinson plays a what in the movie "Four Weddings and a Funeral"?
- Walter Matthau played a baseball coach in what 1976 movie?
- Charles Laughton was the first English actor to win an Oscar, who was the second?
- What infamous character has been portrayed in the movies by Anthony Hopkins, Brian Cox, and Gabriel Ullhiel?
- Paul Newman won an Oscar for reprising the same character he created 25 years before, what was the name of the movie?
- Douglas Fairbanks wrote and starred in the 1922 version of what story?
- Who was the female lead actress in the film "The Shootist"?
- In Mister Roberts, what is the name of Henry Fonda's cargo ship?
- In which film does the heroine say, "I am big. It's the pictures that got small?
- John ‘Hannibal’ Smith’s plans tend to be unorthodox but effective. Templeton Peck usually called "Face" or "Faceman", is a smooth-talking con man. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock, who has been declared insane and lives in a mental institution. Sergeant First Class Bosco Albert "B.A.", or "Bad Attitude“ Baracus, the strong man and mechanic of the group. How do we know this group of mercenaries?
- Connect the following to the soundtrack of a DC film
Vespertilio • Eptesicus • Myotis • Barbastella • Artibeus • Tadarida • Macrotus • Antrozous • Nycteris • Molossus • Corynorhinus • Lasiurus
- Connect the following:
A hot dog vendor seen when Robert Kelly emerges from the sea after escaping Magneto. Security guard along with Lou Ferrigno.
A man saves a woman from a falling piece of concrete during the battle of Spider- Man and Doc Ock.
The man is mistaken for Hugh Hefner by Tony Stark.
Again mistaken for Larry King by Tony Stark
A man being interviewed on television who dismisses the idea of super heroes existing in New York.
A beauty pegeant judge.
A bus driver in London
- When Chuck Palahnuik wanted to publish his novels, it was rejected due to its disturbing content. This led him to work on his next novel “________ ________” which he wrote as an attempt to make the publisher reject him more. The novel was later adapted to a film by David Fincher which was a box office disappointment, but once the DVD was out, it obtained a cult following. Chuck later commented that the movie was so good that he was embarrassed by the novel.
- Nino Rota used this famous movie theme in a comedic version of the film Fortunella in 1958. As a consequence of which, it was disqualified from winning the Oscar for Best Original Score in 1973. The tune did win the Oscar for Best Original Score the year the sequel was released, even though it was essentially the same music. Name the Film and the musical score.
- James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel are mainstream Hollywood actors today. They began their career with a show that was cancelled after one season but developed a cult following after its DVD release. Ranked the greatest show to be ‘Cancelled Too Soon’ in 2013 by TV Guide, which also ranked it among the 60 greatest Drama TV series, name the show.
- This film was directly inspired by the spaghetti westerns of Sergio Leone, by Akira Kurosawa’s Shichinin no samurai (1954), Bandidos (1967) among others. Some critics at the time even began calling it a curry western. The Classic bollywood film was shot extensively in Ramnagaram near Bangalore, India. Which film?
- ________ won the Oscar for Best Actor and __________ won it for the Best Supporting Actor, for the same character. They are the only two actors to win it in this way. Id both actors and the character?
- “I just realized I made a $200 million chick flick where everyone dies. What the hell was I thinking?” Who on which movie?
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, these highly condensed series of movie shots cannot exceed 2.5 minutes, usually start with a green or a red band and include rating cards. The name comes from the fact that they were originally shown at the end of a feature film screening. What term are we talking about?
- One of the ways this term is used among children is as a divination game, often played by young girls to foretell their futures; it runs as follows: When shall I marry? This year, next year, sometime, never. What will my husband be? _____, _____, ___, sailor, rich-man, poor-man, beggar-man, thief. What will I be? Lady, baby, gypsy, queen. What shall I wear? Silk, satin, velvet, lace How shall I get it? Given, borrowed, bought, stolen.
What famous spy novel and movie are we talking about here?
- In this Oscar award-winning Hollywood movie for the best supporting actor, roughly only 30% of the film is in spoken English. The language which dominates the film is either French or German with a little Italian. This is highly unusual for a Hollywood production. Identify the movie.
- Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, this film is notorious for the number of production problems it had. Casting was an issue, and Coppola was so fed up at one point with the fact that so many actors had turned down his offer to star in the film that he threw his five Oscars out of his window. After finally hiring a lead, Harvey Keitel, Coppola changed his mind, fired him, and had to start the search all over. Martin Sheen eventually landed the part, but he had a heart attack, postponing filming even longer. Nature wasn't on the movie's side, either, as a typhoon ripped apart the first set, a fire destroyed important props, and a tiger stalked the production. After facing bankruptcy and the possibility of never finishing the film, Coppola finally saw his work come to fruition and he found a place in movie-making history. Identify the classic.
- William “Rocky” Sullivan.
- Nil by Mouth.
- ABBA is the favorite group of the character, played by Toni Collette.
- Bela Lugosi.
- Jon Voight, who won Best Actor for the 1978 drama Coming Home.
- High Noon (1952).
- The Alamo (1960), The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence (1962), The Cowboys (1972), and The Shootist (1976).
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964). Sergio Leone was the director.
- The “Bad” was played by Lee Van Cleef, the “Ugly” was played by Eli Wallach.
- Tom Hanks, Michael Clarke Duncan
- David Fincher
- Reservoir Dogs
- Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet
- Robert Zemmeckis
- Mel Gibson
- Brian Singer
- Kevin Costner
- Steven Spielberg
- Morgan Freeman, Tim Robins
- John Travolta, Samuel L.Jackson
- Clint Eastwood
- Kevin Spacey
- Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Kingsley
- Antony Hopkins, Jodie Foster
- Spike Lee
- Nicolas Cage
- Joel Coen
- Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe
- Hugh Grant, Andy MacDowell
- Al Pacino
- Geena Davis, Susan Sarandon
- An Airport
- Bill and Teds Bogus Journey
- Chris Nolan
- Ice Hockey
- Marlon Brando
- The French flag.
- François Truffaut, who directed such films as Two English Girls (1972) and Day For Night (1973).
- Vertigo (1958).
- Ramon Estevez, who took the name Sheen from Bishop Sheen.
- Gary Burghoff played Radar O’reilly in both.
- “Life Lessons” by Martin Scorsese, “Life Without Zoe” by Francis Ford Coppola, and “Oedipus Wrecks” by Woody Allen.
- The movie is The Breakfast Club. The actors are Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, and Judd Nelson. 49 answer
- Omar Sharif. Jack Palance.
- Michael Douglas.
- West Side Story.
- Grace Kelly.
- Diane Ladd and Laura Dern in Rambling Rose.
- James Dean.
- Talulah Riley, Carey Mulligan, Kiera Knightley, Rosamund Pike, Jena Malone.
- Chariots of Fire.
- George C Scott.
- Meryl Streep.
- The Fugitive.
- Last shot of day before hitting the pub.
- Taxi Driver.
- Midnight Cowboy.
- Two Women.
- Barry Levinson.
- Rock Hudson.
- Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Tony Hancock.
- Fred Zimmerman.
- The Manchurian Candidate.
- Lucille Le Sueur.
- Sissy Spacek.
- Emily Blunt.
- Bob Hope.
- Dances With Wolves, and Silence of the Lambs.
- Steve Martin.
- The Exorcist.
- Kirk Douglas.
- Goldie Hawn.
- In The Heat Of The Night.
- Notting Hill.
- Bridge on the River Kwai.
- Myrna Loy.
- In the Heat of the Night.
- The Good the Bad and the Ugly
- Joan Crawford.
- Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier.
- Gone With The Wind.
- Around the World in 80 Days.
- All About Eve.
- Tom Cruise.
- Peter Ustinoy.
- On the Waterfront.
- Denzel Washington.
- Halle Berry and Kim Basinger.
- Lee Marvin.
- Angelo Maggio.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- Hattie McDaniel.
- Morgan Freeman.
- Bette Davis.
- Robert Mitchum.
- Safety Last.
- Sophia Loren
- Tony Curtis.
- Tony Curtis.
- Tollbooth worker.
- Slaughterhouse 11
- Yensid — Disney backwards.
- Gwyneth Paltrow.
- They were all for different movies.
- Woman of the Year.
- It was inscribed to Dick Tracy.
- Nicole Kidman.
- All four have played the part of Robin Hood.
- French and Mexican.
- Grant Goodeve.
- Groucho Marx.
- Peter Finch.
- Flare gun.
- Secret Love.
- Lauren Bacall.
- Michael Caine.
- Jack Dawson.
- Adrien Brody for The Pianist in 2002.
- Wall Street.
- Dustin Hoffman.
- John F. Kennedy.
- Mrs. Brown.
- Stanley Kubrick.
- Walt Disney.
- Making Cleopatra.
- Marlene Dietrich.
- Tim Strawn.
- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
- Roger Moore.
- Humphrey Bogart.
- Rock Hudson
- Walter & John Huston.
- Take My Breath Away.
- The English Patient.
- Goldie Hawn
- Janet Gaynor in 1929.
- Honorary Academy Award.
- School Bus Driver.
- Ginger Rogers.
- I Just Called To Say I Love You.
- Susan Sheridan.
- He was allergic to the make-up.
- Walter Pidgeon.
- Stanley Kubrick.
- Lawrence of Arabia.
- 9 to 5.
- Jennifer Grey.
- Fred Astaire / Ginger Rogers.
- Yul Brynner
- 0 J Simpson.
- Eddie Murphy.
- Ben Kingsley.
- Frank Sinatra.
- James Ellroy.
- People Magazine.
- Blonde Crazy.
- The Godfather Part II.
- Gerard Depardieu.
- Our Girl Friday.
- Captain Kirk
- Dustin Hoffman.
- Rebecca Jorden.
- Jackie Chan.
- Jules Munshin.
- To Have and To Have Not.
- Charlie Chaplin.
- Marion Cotillard.
- Let it Be.
- Tony curtis
- Jane Seymour.
- The Andrea Gail.
- MiIlion Dollar Baby and Unforgiven.
- His boat.
- A remote control.
- Roddy McDowall.
- Czech Republic.
- San Francisco.
- Lawrence of Arabia, the only female character that made a sound was a camel called Gladys.
- Julie Andrews.
- Margaret O'Brien, Janet Leigh, Elizabeth Taylor, June Allyson.
- Jean Harlow.
- Tallulah Bankhead.
- Marlon Brando.
- Under Siege 2.
- Fav Wray.
- All three were born in Karachi, Pakistan.
- All have title roles for actresses named Davis, Bette, Judy, and Geena.
- His Squint.
- Marilyn Monroe.
- Burt Reynolds
- Susan Harrison.
- Shock Treatment.
- The Kiss of the Spiderwoman.
- Michael Caine.
- Costas Mandylor.
- Maya Rudolph.
- Star Wars.
- Boys Don't Cry.
- Fay Wray.
- John Voight.
- Bill Sikes.
- Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.
- Eye patches.
- Happy Feet.
- All three were married to Cary Grant.
- Meg Ryan and Candice Bergen play daughter and mother in both movies.
- Gene Kelly.
- Shot in black and white.
- Audrey Hepburn.
- Hazel Court.
- Julia Roberts.
- Kevin Costner.
- The Bad News Bears
- Victor McLagien for The Informer(1935)
- Hannibal Lector.
- The Color of Money.
- Robin Hood.
- Lauren Bacall.
- USS Reluctant.
- Sunset Boulevard.
- The A team
- Batman Begins
- Stan Lee cameo in Marvel films
- Fight Club
- Godfather Theme
- Freaks and Geeks
- Marlon Brandon and Robert De Niro Playing Vito Corleone
- James Cameron on Titanic
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
- Inglourious Basterds
- Apocalypse Now
Loved our movie trivia quiz blog? Why don’t you give our US History Trivia Questions and 90s Trivia questions a try?